The first month of 2018 is a great time to catch up on games you missed or haven’t finished from 2017 (or 2016!) There just isn’t all that much coming out in January, at least not until the end of the month.
January 5, 2018
In fact, only two games are releasing for the Xbox One the entire month. That’s fewer than the Nintendo Switch (4) and just one more than the 3DS. PS4 will see nine new releases including a VR game and a Vita cross-play game.
PC gamers will get several new releases, though there will likely be dozens of other Steam releases that aren’t included on this list. It’s virtually impossible to keep up with PC releases in any meaningful way given the flood of new games that come out each month on Steam.
In any case, here’s what’s coming in January 2018:
- The Escapists 2 – (Nintendo Switch) – Jan 11
- Street Fighter V Arcade Edition – (PC, PS4) – Jan 16
- Gintama Rumble – (PS4) – Jan 18
- World to the West – (Nintendo Switch) – Jan 18
- Death Mark – (Switch, PS4) – Jan 19
- Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory (PS4, Vita) – Jan 19
- Kirby Battle Royale – (3DS) – Jan 19
- Lost Sphear – (PC, Switch, PS4) – Jan 23
- The Inpatient – (PSVR) – Jan 23
- Dragon Ball FighterZ – (PC, PS4, Xbox One) – Jan 26
- Monster Hunter: World – (PS4, Xbox One) – Jan 26
- Railway Empire – (PC) – Jan 26
- Dissidia Final Fantasy NT – (PS4) – Jan 30
By Erik Kain
Read original article at forbes.com