Music is an integral part of how we experience video games. While what can be judged as beautiful is extremely subjective, there’s no denying that these songs hit all the right notes.
August 30, 2017
Selecting music for a game is an arduous process. The wrong track can lead to players being rudely thrown out of the scene, while the right piece can deepen the immersion, bringing with it more investment in the characters and the story, and therefore an overall desire to play on.
Chances are, many of your favorite video game moments have specific scores or songs attached, and while there are many that stand out as works of art in their right, many elevate their games through cleverly chosen lyrics or the style and function of the game itself.
Here’s is out top 10 ‘Beautiful Video Game Songs’:
10. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind – Nerevar Rising
9. The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt – The Fields Of Ard Skellig
8. Portal – Still Alive
7. Journey – I Was Born For This
6. Doom (2016) – Rip & Tear
5. Assassin’s Creed 2 – Venice Rooftops
4. Dishonored – Drunken Whaler
3. Mass Effect 2 – Suicide Mission
2. Halo 3 – Main Menu Theme
1. Uncharted – Nate’s Theme
By Chris Charnley
Read the original article at Whatculture.com